Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Words of Love

Here are some verses from the Bible that make good Valentine's Day thoughts.


“Arise, my love, my fair one,
          and come away;
for now the winter is past,
          the rain is over and gone.
The flowers appear on the earth;
          the time of singing has come,
and the voice of the turtledove
          is heard in our land.
The fig tree puts forth its figs,
          and the vines are in blossom;
          they give forth fragrance.
Arise, my love, my fair one,
          and come away.
O my dove, in the clefts of the rock,
          in the covert of the cliff,
let me see your face,
          let me hear your voice;
for your voice is sweet,
          and your face is lovely.
Song of Songs 2:10b-14

BELOVED, let us love one another, because love is from God; everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.  Whoever does not love does not know God, for God is love.  God’s love was revealed among us in this way: God sent his only Son into the world so that we might live through him.  In this is love, not that we loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the atoning sacrifice for our sins.  Beloved, since God loved us so much, we also ought to love one another
First Letter of John  4:7-11

No comments:

Post a Comment